§ 250 grams Plain Wholemeal Flour
§ 2 whole Eggs
§ 300 ml Milk of choice
§ 300 ml Water
1. Place the flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
2. Crack the eggs into the well and whilst whisking, add the water and milk.
3. Give it a good hard whisk to make sure the batter is nice and smooth. The mixture will be very thin and watery.
4. Heat up a non-stick frying pan until it is hot.
5. Turn the heat down to LOW
6. (Use the first few pancakes as testers to get the amount of mixture you need to pour exactly right. I used a small, one person size pan and filled it with about 3 Tablespoons of mixture).
7. Whilst pouring the mixture into the pan, swirl it around so that the mixture covers the base of the pan evenly.
8. The first pancake might take longer to cook, but after that in the small frying pan they took 30 seconds on the first side and 20 seconds on the second side.
9. You will know when the pancake is ready to flip when the light mixture turns dark all over the top of the pancake.
10. When this happens, use a spatula to lift up the edges and give the pan a gentle shake to loosen the pancake.
11. Then flip the pancake and cook on the second side until done.
12. Serve with honey and lemon juice, or any other clean eating fruit topping.