• Kirklees College Counselling Service

    Kirklees College Counselling Service

    • Who? How? Where?

      Who are we?

      Lisa Berry
      Administrator & Receptionist

      Hayley Crawford
      Counselling Co-ordinator

      Tina Waddington

      Deborah Benson

      How to contact us?


      Phone: 01484 437076 (for internal calls we are on extension number 7076)
      Email: counsellingservice@kirkleescollege.ac.uk
      Call in: Wellbeing Centre, Room B.00.030 (Huddersfield Centre,         B Block, Ground Floor, Room 030.),                                                                   Dewsbury Centre Main Reception


      Where to find us

      Huddersfield Centre:

      You will find our reception area and the counselling rooms in the Wellbeing Centre behind the main reception. 

      Dewsbury Centre:

      You will find the counselling rooms to your left past the main reception, and through the double doors to the left of the lift, sign posted Wellbeing Centre.


      Counselling sessions are available:

      Monday to Thursday in Huddersfield

      Monday to Thursday in Dewsbury

      Term time only




      • Is this service for me?

      • Talk to the Team

        Here is a video where the team answer frequently asked questions!

      • Making a Referral

      • What students say about us

        Counselling helped me a lot.

        Improved my confidence and made me feel much better in myself.

        Deal with emotions, improve self esteem, college grades and motivation.

        Thank you for helping me.

        Great Service!

        I didn't expect counselling to be as good as it was.

        I could relate to my counsellor.

        Very friendly, non judgmental staff that are kind and understanding.

        Thank you for helping me through my journey.

        Helped me to find my underlying problems as well as thinking.

        Brilliant service and I know where to come if I feel down again.

        Made me think with a positive mind set, and helped me in a certain area.

        Brilliant and caring staff.


        • Where else to find support

          Self-help information and useful information:


          When at college, you can get support from your Tutor, Progress Coach or Learning Support Advisor.

          Outside of college you can receive help from your GP, the Samaritans, NHS Direct.


        • Stress Managment - Staff

        • Mental Health

          It Gets Brighter invites everyone to speak openly about their mental health experiences and to reassure others that it can–and will–get brighter.